Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter 4000GAL W/ 13W UV Sterilizer Light 10000L Koi fish Tank Water Pump Kit for indoor, outdoor or backyard garden easy maintain the right ecosystem. Keeping your koi pond clean is quite difficult. Chlorine tablets or harsh chemicals may damage the pond and kill your pets. The best solution to your concern is a koi pond filter.
What is a Koi Pond Filter?
A koi pond filter will maintain the right ecosystem for your Koi fish. Koi fish look good, but they are more prone to sickness than ordinary fishes. A standard fish pond filter is too different from a koi pond filter. When buying one, make sure you choose the right model for your koi pond.
Why Should You Use a Koi Pond Filter?
A koi pond filter is a heavy-duty device that can do many things for Koi fish. This filter will help you protect your pets from danger. Its main function is to eliminate the impurities and substances that can harm your Koi fish.
The health and safety of your Koi fish lie on your hands. As their owner, you must keep them safe from any biological threats. A quality koi pond filter will take care of these threats and keep the environment clean for your Koi fish. Aside from the biological threats, a koi pond filter will remove the junk and gunk from the water.
Factors to Consider When Looking for a Good Koi Pond Filter
To get the best deal when buying a koi pond filter, you should keep in mind the following:
- The type of filtration – filtration systems are available in three types: chemical, biological, and mechanical. Biological filtration is the most crucial out of these three. However, biological filtration is ineffective in removing organic debris that may enter your fish pond. Organic debris can be something like trimmed grass or leaves from your lawnmower. Only mechanical filtration can remove any organic debris. The koi pond filter you choose should have both the biological and mechanical filtration systems. Several koi pond filters in the market today have these two filtration systems, so you do not need to buy two different units.
- Filter capacity – do not forget to check the unit’s capacity when buying a koi pond filter. The filter you prefer should be ideal for the fish load and the amount of water in your pond. A good koi pond filter is effective in cleansing the water thoroughly after every few hours. If the fish load and the water level are significant, then you should go for a powerful water filter. Taking care of Koi fish is not easy because they secrete ammonia and more solid waste materials than the ordinary fishes. Only a koi pond filter can do the job.
- Kind of feed – the water may flow from the filter back to your pond through gravity or pressure. A pressure filter will use force in pushing the water back to your pond. Therefore, a koi pond filter will still be effective even when you install it far from your fish pond. A gravity filter, as its name implies, uses the strength of the gravity to pull the water back into your pond. This type of filter is more effective when it stays slightly above the water level. A gravity filter is extremely effective as it can push the water back to the pond on its own.
- Ultraviolet sterilization – a koi pond filter with this feature deals with the algae to keep the water clean and sterilized. A UV sterilizer is a great extra feature to see in a koi pond filter. It does not leave impurities and chemical residue in the water. A UV sterilizer should be at the correct spectrum so it can kill the bad bacteria. It does not require frequent maintenance or anything else except for bulb replacement. All you need to do is to check the bulbs and replace them when they become too weak to attack the germs. Most koi pond filters in the market have a UV sterilizer, but you should doublecheck the units before picking one. It is usually in front of the unit’s mechanical filtration system as it triggers the free-floating algae to gather and clump together.
- External or Internal – submersible pond filters are also available, but these units are somewhat uncommon and difficult to maintain. External filters, on the other hand, are widely available. They are not only easy to use, but they are easy to maintain as well. Those koi pond filters with external filters are easier to clean than those models equipped with internal filters.
- Other essentials – aside from those five important factors, you should also consider the following:
- Budget – most koi pond filters are expensive, while others are somewhat cheaper. You should explore the market first to know how much you should allocate to have a durable, efficient filter for your koi pond. Avoid investing in a super-affordable unit as you cannot be sure of its quality and performance.
- Area – do not forget to check the space and size of your pond. This way, you will easily find out the best filter for your koi pond.
- Electrics – a koi pond system uses electricity. Thus, be sure to check the unit’s electric components for your own safety.
- The filtration level your fish pond needs – always check the filtration level and make sure it is suitable for your koi pond. Remember, the right filtration level will keep it efficient.
- Pond pump – pick a pump that can feed your pond filter with adequate volume of water to work at a maximum capacity.
- UV filter – the UV light will kill algae, and dead algae tend to clump together. Due to this, your koi pond filter will be able to collect and eliminate algae more thoroughly.
The Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter with UV Sterilizer Light Water
You can use a filter whether your koi pond is new or has been there for several years. The Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter with UV Sterilizer Light Water is one of the better options on the market today. This easy-to-install filter will purify the water and improve its quality to provide a clear, safe, and healthy pond for your Koi fish.
High Performance Pressure Filters
Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter has nearly everything required to keep your koi pond clean and healthy. This unit comes with powerful pressure filters and a UV purifier to cleanse and disinfect your koi pond. Hence, it does not need harmful chemicals like algaecide which may kill the fishes. Instead, it requires a submersible pump which may not be included in the package.
This koi pond filter is perfect for those people who care about the life aspect of their fish ponds. As a powerful biological filter, Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter eliminates the harmful microorganisms present in the pond. It ensures the overall health of your aquatic pets and their protection from accidental poisoning and other life-threatening issues. Your Koi fish will stay safe from harmful toxins day and night.
Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter can filter small and medium ponds with up to 2,500 gallons of water depending on how many Koi fish you own. The manufacturer guarantees its performance, quality, and reasonable pricing. Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter comes with hose adapters for a worry-free use if your old hose does not fit to the unit.
UV Sterilizer For Better Pond Maintenance
Furthermore, this product has a UV bulbs system that will limit the presence and formation of single-celled algae by controlling its capability to reproduce. The UV bulbs system comes along with robust filter capacity that makes this product suitable for a koi pond with either normal or heavy fish load. With that, Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter can provide excellent results no matter how small or big your koi pond is.
Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter is good not only in drawing the water. Its multiple function device lets you use the filter with bacteriostasis function. Hence, you do not need to buy another device.
Moreover, this unit has a robust, waterproof outer casing that makes it super handy. Its durable casing lengthens the lifespan of the unit and allows you to put the unit underground or on the ground.
For a first-time user, the user manual will tell you how to clean it using the automatic cleaning system that saves you time and effort. For that reason, Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter is good for everyday use.
Note that installing this koi pond filter is sometimes hard to do for first-time users
- Perfect for koi ponds and garden ponds
- Improves the water’s quality
- Built-in UV bulbs
- Efficient pressure filters with UVC ultraviolet purifier
- Package includes
- Pressure filter with UVC
- 1 ½” spiral stepped pipe adapter, black
- 1 ½” spiral stepped pipe adapter, transparent
- 1 ½” spiral stepped pipe adapter, threaded (black)
- 4 pcs. flat seal
- 4 pcs. 1 ½” union nuts
- Glass seal lid
- User’s manual
- Dimensions: 22x17x17
- Weight: 17.7 lbs.
- Capacity: 2,500 gallons for regular-sized fish and 1,500 gallons for heavy fish
- Filter capacity: 25L
- Maximum flow rate: 4000 GPH
- Rated pressure: 0.3
- UV strength: 113 watts
- Voltage: 120V/60Hz
- Electric cable length: 15.5ft
- IP rating: IP44
- Ease of use
- Ergonomic handle
- Removable top lid for easy maintenance
- Has a 1-year warranty
- It kills the algae while keeping the pond water clear and contaminant-free
- Removes algae buildup fast
- The instructions in the user’s manual is somewhat hard to understand
- The filter may clog up
- A few parts are difficult to find when replacement is necessary
What Can You Expect from a Koi Pond Filter Like Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter?
Maintaining the pond water in good quality is essential for keeping Koi healthy. Your filter will be in the center of the procedure. Water filtration is among the most vital aspects of proper fish keeping, giving the way to eliminate toxic substances and enhance the water’s overall quality.
Water filtration has become more important in taking care of these sensitive animals. Koi fish are sensitive to sudden changes in water’s condition. They can also become stressed and sick when exposed to contaminants and dirty water. As a koi keeper, you must do everything to keep your koi pond in good condition and under safe limits for the sake of your pets. This is where Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter can help you.
The filtration system will let the pond water flow through several canal layers. In this process, the water will go through two forms of primary systems: the mechanical and biological varieties. The biological channels are available in all sizes and shapes, but the huge surface zone index where good bacteria can colonize is the most vital feature. The biological filtration system cannot reduce toxic substances alone as it needs good bacteria to remove nitrite and ammonia from the water. Bio-filtration successfully occurs on a bigger surface area in the biological filtration system.
The water will enter the mechanical filtration system after passing through the biological filtration system. The mechanical filtration system is the one that removes algae formations and larger debris. A koi pond filter like Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter has several layers of mechanical channels that collect small and large debris during the filtration process. These channels will also help reduce the filter’s need for frequent cleaning as the debris will be scattered on a larger surface.
A koi pond filter like Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter is mostly optimized for maximum debris removal and bacteria colonization. A koi filter must provide:
#1-Adequate Biological Filtration
Good bacteria require two things: a bigger surface to colonize and a decent water flow to get more oxygen that enables them to process toxic substances. Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter has optimized biological filtration system and offers proper water movement all over the system to gain the best results.
#2-Adequate Mechanical Filtration
Some filters in the market are 2x more effective in filtering out dirt and algae than other units. Although biological filtration is more crucial, you should still consider the importance of mechanical filtration. It typically means a multi-step water filtration process through various layers of channels for catching and collecting debris in all shapes and sizes.
#3-Greatest Water Quality and Clarity
Good water clarity and quality is the result of correct water filtration. When buying a koi pond filter, look for a model with a long-lasting quality. Besides, it should be easy to clean, requires simple maintenance, and gives a good flow of water through every filtration step.
Goplus Pond Pressure Bio Filter can tolerate and clean old koi ponds and those with normal or heavy fish load without any problem. It uses built-in bulb systems, UVC ultraviolet purifier, and pressure filters that make the job easier